Startup news from India and around the world – Daily – 7th June 2017
Here’s your daily dose of startup news from India and around the world – 7th June ‘17 | BHIVE Workspace
India startup #news:
• Freshdesk rebrands as Freshworks that brings together the company’s growing suite of business software.
• Flipkart Ads aims to be a $100m business by 2018 end.
• Myntra ropes in former Amazon exec Jeyandran Venugopal as CTO.
• Health and fitness discovery platform Growfitter has raised $600K in a Pre-Series A round of funding from San Francisco-based VC SQue Capital.
• Online lending platform ZipLoan, has raised $650K in its pre-Series A funding round led by WaterBridge Ventures.
• Data management company Riversand Technologies has raised $35 Mn Series A funding led by Crestline Investors.
• Takshila Learning is on the verge of raising about $10 million in an early funding round.
• NPCI may ask banks not to charge for payments made through UPI.
• EPFO extends deadline for submitting Aadhaar to June 30.
• Reliance Retail’s LYF slumps as rivals grab market share.
• Aditya Birla Group is reportedly planning to launch its payments bank by year-end through the newly formed Aditya Birla Financial Services.
• Warburg Pincus commits $300M to Telecom and Tech.
• Lightbox may raise new fund of $100 million next year; Lightbox plans to invest in eight to 10 start-ups from its current fund over the next 12-18 months before launching a new fund.
• NetApp launches its first startup accelerator in Bengaluru.
Around the world:
• Pinterest raises $150M valuing company at $12.3Bn.
• Rocket Internet’s Delivery Hero plans a $500M IPO.
• Grab to seek funds, eyes fintech business.
• Uber fires 20 employees after harassment probe.
This is our daily startup news from India.