Role : Manager – Startup Events
Experience Range : At least 1-2 years’ experience in a senior role in Event/Catering environment
4 years or more of progressive event/catering management experience preferred
Contract Duration: Full Time
Qualification : BSc/BA/MBA in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred
Interview Process : Applicant questionnaire > Assessment > Case Studies > Face to Face Rounds > HR Round
Role Summary :
BHIVE is looking for a competent manager to strategize, plan, organize, and oversee events for the startup community that will make an impact on the target audience. He/She will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints.
An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see candidates who are enthusiastic about the Bangalore startup ecosystem and are about fresh ideas with the organizational skills required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
Key Deliverables :
- Conducts short- and long-term planning and management for events and sales.
- Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profits in all event areas.
- Recommends, develops, and implements effective marketing plans for generating event revenues.
- Evaluates each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced.
- Assembles creative and innovative event attractions based on internal capabilities or outsources to qualified vendors.
- Trains, supervises, and works with event staff, to solicit and book banquet and catering functions, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions.
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Administers all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
- Coaches and counsels employees to reflect company service standards and procedures
Key Competencies :
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- High energy
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivational leader
- Effective in providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- ESOPs may be applicable in future for this role based on performance.
How To Apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for the post of Manager – Startup Events”