This talk is structured as follows:
1) Introduction to a containerised deployment using a traditional backend architecture as a base
2) Introducing basic deployment with just docker
3) Deeper introduction to Docker and what it does
4) Problems & incoveniences with just a docker deployment
5) Kubernetes as a docker (container) orchestration platform
6) Deployment with kubernetes
7) Deeper introduction to kubernetes
8) Kubernetes >> Docker orchestration. An example of using k8s as a distributed systems framework
9) Introduction to Hasura
Each point will use a live-demo (or a recorded session as backup) and will then have 2-3 backing slides on salient points.
This will NOT be a theory talk. It will be a demo-driven talk.
About Anon Ray
Hasura.io is a platform for building scalable application backends, while retaining complete control. With out of the box APIs for database & authentication, Hasura minimises the time taken to build your application backend. It is built on top of Kubernetes, Docker, CoreOS and is designed to be run anywhere; from a dev machine to a bare metal environment; a single node to a cluster; our most recent instant deployment was on a VMWare cluster for a payment wallet startup in India.
(Friday) 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm